Search  
Monday, September 1, 2014 ..:: Home ::.. Register  Login
   Minimize


      

 Links Minimize


      

 Announcements Minimize

Successfull Girl Scout program! - Saturday, January 24, 2009
I had the pleasure of participating in a Girl Scout program yesterday. Along with my friends from the Ridgefield Discovery Center I showed how a telescope worked and some of the astro photography I've done. I was glad to see the interest this young ladies had in astronomy and I hope that some will pursue an engineering or science oriented education. Here is my gallery of pictures. Thank you for visiting!
 

Home made scope cover - Wednesday, May 30, 2007
New article about how I made a scope cover when I couldn't find one for my setup.
 read more ...

Started a journal describing construction of an astro-pier - Tuesday, May 22, 2007
I started a new article that will journal my progress as I build a pier in my front yard for my Atlas EQ/G mount with C11 telescope.
 read more ...

Article with short description of Watec 802H camera housing - Sunday, May 20, 2007
The article shows a few pictures and gives a short description of how I built a new enclosure for my Watec 802H board camera out of a project box.
 read more ...

Updated winoccult database conversion tool for Cartes du Ciel - Monday, January 29, 2007
I used to preface Tycho 2 stars with TYC2 but since winoccult itself doesn't do that I now simply call them TYC. This makes it easier to find the star in CdC.
 read more ...

New Asteroid Occultation service - Friday, January 12, 2007
I uploaded a first, primitive, version of my new Asteroid Occultation service at http://occult.tungstentech.com. Over time I hope this will grow into a site with more services but that depends in part on feedback I receive from users.
 read more ...

Various articles resurrected - Sunday, October 29, 2006
I spent some time recovering articles from my previous DNN install. Check them out by clicking on the 'read more' link.
 read more ...

Site back from the dead - Saturday, October 28, 2006
I attempted to upgrade my site to the latest version of DotNetNuke. Wrong. Should have left it alone. I blew away my database and recovery from a backup turned out to be very hard in this case. MS SQL is not really friendly for remote administrators. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do backups and restores on a remote database without Enterprise Manager. Even with EM it's no joy. MySQL works much better from that perspective. Or at least the available tools do. Simply export the database to SQL statements. Simple.
 


      

Copyright 2006 by Tungsten Technologies   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement